Well, at least in belts, that is. I have officially graduated from a white belt to an orange belt! I went out there and stood tall and did my form. Yes, I did mess up my arms once and my kick once, but it did not break my rhythm and I ended strong! Baby Bear went through her entire form without an error. I am so proud of both of us – for trying something new, for sticking with exercise, for taking a risk performing in front of people.
After I got down doing my form and sat back down, I kept getting prouder and prouder of myself. It was not a look at me type of proud, but just one where I could stand taller, where I walked with a little more bounce in my step, where I could not stop grinning.
Here are some things that I have noticed since I started TKD.
- I have less joint pain
- I have more endurance
- My clothes are fitting differently
- My body craves healthier foods and water instead of sugar and soda
- I find myself doing exercises while waiting for things like food to warm up in the microwave
- I don’t want to watch TV as much – I want to do something productive.
- I am sleeping better
- I am fighting off colds easier
- I am not hot all the time
- My concentration is better
- The dread that I usually experience as we head into this time of year, knowing several months of gray dark days are coming, is not there.
Those are just a few of the things I can think of off the top of my head. I am going to have Bear do some measurements on me in the next few days and then I am going to track them and seen how much I shrink with each belt.